Huwebes, Mayo 17, 2012

Choosing your course in college

Major problem. I am now entering my second year in college, but when I come to think of it, this is not what I want. I know deep in my heart that this is not the right degree course for me. It's out of my interest and it involves things that I really don't like(well, cats). And now, my news feed on Facebook is full of posts from my friends that are shifting to the courses they really want, to their dream campus, and older friends that already graduated from college. All of them, they seem really happy on what's going on with their lives. And here I am, still undecided and unsure of what will happen to me.

What if I got it all wrong? What if I shouldn't have entered this university I'm in now in the first place?

I've considered different degree programs offered in our university- some of them got my attention- but something's just wrong.

"Because I looked around and realized there wasn't one person whose life I wanted."- Ali Rose(Burlesque,2010)

Yeah, I looked around and realized that I am in the wrong place. Yes, I enjoy being here in this university, in this campus to be specific. My friends are here and I had grown to love this place in my one year stay. But I realized that I had been chasing the wrong path all this time.

Follow your heart. Choose what you want and not what others want for you. Just think about how bad will it be when you wake up one day and realize that you are living someone else's  dream.

I hoped I realized this earlier, and I hoped that it is not yet too late. I will do my best this coming semester and will start pursuing what I really want. It will be difficult but I know that it's worth it. Future Achiever!

Before choosing your course in college, ask yourself these questions.
  • Is this what you want?
  • Do you see yourself in ten years happy and successful in this field?
  • Did any person influence you in making this decision?
  • If yes, ten years from now do you see that person helping you if everything had gone wrong?
  • Are you taking this degree because it leads you on high paying jobs?
  • Once in college, do you think you will have the inspiration and motivation to study if none of the subjects interest you?
 
 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento